Spasms of free thought

"It's the place where something's happening...though you may or may not be willing to watch it."

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Untitled extended metaphor



Extended Metaphors

I watched the pig devour his salad
Grinding the tomato bits into his infantine trap.
Round, red cheeks huffing and puffing again and again
Like practically a nonstop machine.

After that, the drink of water followed.
Oh my, the water!
He made it look so that an entire river was swallowed
I imagined the swimmers
Screaming and begging for their lives as they were pushed into
the gorge of his gullet.

And then, with a single burp,
I blinked as his spectacle came to an end.
Digging into a bowl of baby mush,
I raised the spoon to my little brother's mouth.
Within a few minutes this giggling child...
Would once again transform into a heartless, hungry
creature.


Oh boy, I can't wait!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home